Thursday, December 29, 2016

Get Ready for a Week of New Year’s Goals for 2017!


New Year's Goals

Resolution – A firm decision to do or not to do something

Goal – The object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result

I don’t know which one I like better. A few years ago I remember reading something that stuck with me and seemed to speak to me back then about the difference between a New Year’s resolution and a New Year’s goal. For the life of me I can’t remember why that person liked goals instead of resolutions but they did and I began calling my New Year’s desires goals. So that’s what I am going to call them once again.

I’ve decided that I’m going to do a five part series on what my personal goals are for the year. I would love if you would join in. Hey, I might even do a link-up type thing. I haven’t done one of those in quite a few years.
A
t any rate, I will probably begin next Monday and go for the whole week using the following themes.
I realize that several of these things overlap – all of life does. I’m not sure where I’ll put the overlapping things but I’m sure that it will come as I am writing, praying and thinking.
So, get ready for next week. If you want to know more Tim secrets tune in for my five part series. If you want to join in then please do. Start thinking about what God wants to do with your life this next year and join in. It’ll be fun!

I have never been one to pick a word for the year or anything like that, but God has laid this verse on my heart at least for right now. Maybe it has something to do with my New Year’s Goals.

Romans 12:1,2

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment