Friday, December 9, 2016

5 Days of Great Gift Ideas From the Crew Day 2 - Fantastic Christian Books and Resources!

 

5 Days 3b 

I was very blessed to be raised in a Christian home by parents that loved the Lord and also loved to read. I mention the reading part because with me my relationship with the Lord has a lot to do with reading. Reading the Bible of course, but also good Christian books. I just wish that I had some of the fantastic resources that we have today back when I was younger. However, I am so glad that we have them now for my children. They, and I, have loved these four books and resources from this past Homeschool Review Crew year. I really think that your family will love it as well. I’ll give a brief description but there is also a link to my longer review if you want to know more.

Meriwether Lewis

Heroes of History – Meriwether Lewis – We have read other books from YWAM before so when I heard that we were going to be able to review one of their Heroes of History titles – Meriwether Lewis. We love reading biographies and this one is a great biography written with a Christian perspective. It goes from his childhood all the way through the Lewis and Clark expedition and up to his untimely death. The authors are excellent and write so that the readers are always kept excited and intrigued. They have a lot of books in their Heroes of History Series and the other series of books that they produce. You can find them all by clicking here on link to my review.

ThePrayers-coverFULL-rev2016-0103-CroppedAll-300x217

The Pray-ers/Book One Troubles – This is a fascinating and well needed book. This is the first book in Mark Mirza’s series on prayer that is part fiction and part biographical. He uses great people of faith from history and weaves a story line that includes their prayer lives. This first book has to do with prayer about everyday troubles and struggles that everyone has in lives. The author uses Epaphras from the first century, Brother Alexander Rich from the 1800’s and a track coach from Georgia named Dan Riley to teach us how to pray in times of trouble. Boy do I need that sometimes as do all of us. I am looking forward to the next book in the series to come out. Click on the link to my review to read more about this great book.

Faith Builders Bible _zpsn4fmywa3.jpg~c200

The Faith Builders Bible from Zonderkidz – When I first saw this Bible I knew it would be a great one for my youngest son, Jacob. This Bible not only teaches the reader about faith in the Bible, but also has illustrations that any kid would love. All of the pictures are of Bible scenes depicted with Lego type building blocks! So, not only is a child’s faith being built by this easy to read New International Readers Version NIrV of the Bible, but they can also reinforce what they learn by replicating the scenes in the book with their own building blocks. This would make a fantastic and unique gift for any child. Check out the link to my full review.

Spiritual Circle Journal

The Spiritual Circle Journal for Kids and Teens – This has got to be one of the best things that we reviewed this year. Some of you may know about the Spiritual Circle Journal for adults. It’s where an adult can journal through the Bible by writing different things that they learned in nine circles that represent different things such as Confession, Lesson Learned, Prayer and Action just to name a few. Well, this journal is based on the same thing but geared toward kids and teens. It is really great and I even learned some things by reviewing it that have helped me with my daily Bible readings. You can read more about it by clicking on the link to my review.

So, there they are. Four fantastic Christian books and resources that are unique and different that I think any member of your family would appreciate as a gift! Let me know if you end up giving any of them as a present this year! I really think any one of them would be a hit!

Don’t forget to check in tomorrow for Day 3 of my 5 Days of Great Gift Ideas From the Crew series. Tomorrow I will be focusing on some very entertaining audio and visual productions that all members of your family will love. I know that tomorrow is going to be my favorite day so far because of three of the great things that I am going to suggest as gifts. Make sure you check in to find out.

To get to the main hub where their are links to all five days of this series just click on the banner below. Happy Gift Giving!

5 Days of Gift Ideas Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment