Thursday, December 22, 2016

Another Child is Gone!

 

Marcelo

No, it’s not one of my biological children. Nor is it one of the kids from my Bible clubs or teen boy’s Bible study. It’s one of my Compassion kids. Really it’s not just one of my Compassion kids, it’s MY Compassion kid. His name is Marcelo and he is the first Compassion child that we got. We’ve had him for well over seven years now. He was a pre-teen when we began to sponsor him. Now he is a young man. He graduated from the Compassion program recently and we have been assigned another Compassion child from Bolivia, the same country that Marcelo was from. It is bittersweet. We loved Marcelo. We wrote to him regularly although, in recent years, not regularly enough. He has grown to by a Godly young man and, in the last letter we got from him, he told me he is now working with children and youth in his church. I now have the task of writing our last letter to him. – our “Goodbye Letter”. I am not looking forward to it. We have grown to love Marcelo like he is one of our own. We are permitted to give him our contact information but it isn’t encouraged. Sometimes contact information can be stolen and used for wrong purposes in third world countries. I am going to send it to him anyway. I would love to keep in contact with him. My one regret is that I never got to go and meet him. I had planned to for a long time but we never had the money. Maybe someday. Until that “Someday” - either on earth or in heaven – Goodbye Marcelo. We love you!

Marcelobeforeandafter

 

Marcelosidebysidefaces

 

The pictures above that say “original” were the first pictures that we received of Marcelo. The picture at the top was one of the last ones we received.

Have you ever thought about sponsoring child with Compassion International? Check out the video below. If you are really interested click on the highlighted link above. You won’t regret it. It is an awesome experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment