Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy New Year!

 

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

I have been on social media this evening reading a lot of posts from people that are reflecting on the past year. I have gone back and forth about writing a “year in review” post myself. At first I really didn’t have any desire to do so, but then I thought about God’s goodness this past year and all of the amazing things that we have been through and thought I might share a little.

This past year has truly been an amazing journey! God has stretched me and my family in ways that I never thought were imaginable.

One of the areas where we have been stretched is our ministry with teens. Especially some of the down, out and forgotten teen boys that live in our small town. This ministry evolved into a ministry with boys in two different group homes when some of the teens were put into foster care. God has given us a love for these boys so much so that we are preparing to become foster parents to three teen brothers that need a family to love and nurture them for a while. Please pray with us in this awesome new journey that God has us travelling on.

Another area where we have been stretched is not a new area but it does constantly evolve and change. That is our ministry to low income folks in our area. God has brought us through and continuing to bring us through dealing with some really crazy situations. God has lead us to be bold in our ministry to these people and we often have to give a little tough love. I am not a tough love type person but He has led me to be very feisty at times.

In order to enlarge our family, we have to find a larger place to live. Thankfully, due to some inheritance money that we got from Sarah’s mom and some retirement from a previous job that I am cashing in, we are able to buy a new home. The journey has been super interesting and has certainly had a lot of ups and downs. Once again God has been faithful, though, and He led us to an awesome place for our family. Barring any problems we should be moving in the next month.

I can’t forget all of the great friendships Sarah and I have forged this past year. Some folks we have known for a long time, some we have just gotten to be friends with. But God has done some miraculous and amazing things this year through our friendships here at home, in Canada and elsewhere with folks I have never even met in person (this is a shout out to my crew family Open-mouthed smile). We thank God for our faithful and praying friends.

Last, but definitely not least, has been my spiritual journey this year. I have grown so much through my lifetime, but this past year has been a season of real growth. Perhaps someday I will write a separate post about everything that God has shown me, but it would be too much to post it all right now.

Well I guess I did what I thought I wouldn’t do. Write an “end of the year how God has blessed us” post. Tomorrow is another day and another adventure. Thank you for all of your prayers, for your friendship, and for continuing to read my posts. Until tomorrow . . .

Happy-New-Year-2017-celebration-wallpaper

No comments:

Post a Comment