Friday, March 13, 2015

Sometimes the Most Godly Messages are Non-Christian

I was searching on Facebook for something on which I want to do a future blog post and happened upon the top video. I had posted about it on Facebook a few months ago. It brought on a fresh bout of sniffles (I'm a real softy) just thinking about it. So, of course, I had to play again and this time there were no mere sniffles, there were sobs. I decided, then, to do a blog post about it. Then I found the other video by the same Thai company and fresh tears began to fall.

Why is it that some of the most moral messages are from countries and cultures that are predominantly another religion other than Christianity? In fact, the top video even shows a man practicing another religion, probably Buddhism. Shouldn't the Christian religion have a corner on moral/good message videos and commercials? I guess maybe they do with the good quality Christian themed movies that have been coming out. However, it's been a long time since I've seen a Christian commercial that does as good a job conveying the fantastic message that these videos convey.

Christian or not, these videos show the type of person that I want to be. The type of person that I believe God wants us to be.

Someone who gives from the heart instead of takes. Someone who is kind. Someone who is not boastful about what he does. Someone who loves and honors others. Someone who enjoys doing for others. Someone who is not too proud to laugh with others and see his own mistakes. Someone who thinks of others before himself. Someone who is patient with people who may not exhibit much to be patient for. Someone who forgives. Someone who is not envious of others. Someone who trusts and hopes that things people and conditions might change. Someone who protects the innocent. Someone who perseveres through rough times. Someone who doesn't get angry at others or other things.
 
 
 
 

Someone who lives out this verse in his life:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7New International Version (NIV)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 
I hope and pray that I am that type of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment