Friday, March 20, 2015

Photo Friday - God's Missionaries

 
Jacob was singing away today while playing a game and grandma jokingly told him to "keep your day job". Jacob, without hesitation, responded, "Grandma, telling people about God is my day job".
 
That really touched my heart when I heard that. That is the lifestyle that I want my children to live. I want them to see Sarah and I sharing Christ with our lives and I want them to share Christ with their lives.
 
It reminded me of the above picture that Sarah snapped last year when we were passing out bread. From time to time we will receive pallets of bread to pass out in the low income area where we minister. We usually spread it out on tables, bag it up, load it up in our van and hand deliver it to people's homes. Our whole family gets involved and it helps people to get to know us and for us to get to know them.
 
 
 
When we saw the picture we thought that it represented perfectly what our family was - a missionary family. Not a couple who are missionaries with three boys, but a missionary family.
 
God's missionary family. That's what we want to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment