Friday, February 24, 2012

Oh Where, Oh Where, Has My GFC Gone...

Oh Where, Oh Where, Can it be?





GFC stands for Google Friend Connect and it has been doing some crazy things lately. In fact, my Google Friend Connect that has 105 followers listed disappeared for a little while today, and it may disappear for good sometime next week! It seems that GFC is only going to be available for blogger blog platforms and not for any other blog platform. Now, I know that Families Again is a blogger blog, but the GFC that has most of my followers on it was transferred from my angelfire blog. So, the GFC computers (where ever they are) recognizes it as being on a non-blogger blog.


It's all confusing and I don't expect you to understand it. Hey, I don't even understand it all myself. Here's what I am asking though. If you think that you are one of those 105 followers in my big Google Friend Connect box to the right, could you please re-sign up using one of the other methods that I have. The new connect box right under the 105 GFC box is a "Linky Follower" box. It's just like GFC but it is new and done by the great folks that do the Meme and Blog Carnival link tools. Under the "Linky Follower" box is another Google Friend Connect box. This one, however, is one that I know will stay and won't get deleted next week. If you like GFC and want to stay with it, then that's the one for you. The last method that you can use to sign up is through NetworkedBlogs. They're the folks that are on Facebook. If you sign up through them, then you just check on Facebook to see if I posted anything new.

For those of you who are used to this type of thing I know that you'll figure it out. For the rest of you...I know, I know...it's all so confusing. I'm thoroughly confused myself. I need a hot shower and a good nights rest. UGH! Why do things have to be so complicated?!?

1 comment:

  1. oh dear, I think I will have to do a post like this soon because I transferred a GFC from non-blogger blog as well. It has been driving me crazy that there are two GFC boxes on my page.

    ReplyDelete