Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sometimes I get so mad, but I'm trying to choose to be positive!

I read a lot. I read books. I read things online.  I read magazines. I just read a lot. Often, though, the things I read will really get me aggravated. Sometimes it's something about life in general. Sometimes it's something that goes against my Christian beliefs. Sometimes it's political. However, everything I read, everything I believe, every political candidate that I look at, I try to measure against a biblical standard. I am not ashamed to call myself a follower of Christ. I believe that Jesus Christ is God's son and that God gave us His word, the Bible, for many reasons, one of them being a guide to live by. I believe what the Bible says and I really try to live by it. Very often I fail. I am not perfect by any means. But, I endeavor to live a life that is pleasing to God. I believe that the Bible teaches us how to live that life. I believe that the Bible gives us absolute rights and wrongs. That's what I believe.

I can't make anyone else believe the way that I believe. I can show them and teach them what the Bible says and allow God to work in their lives, but I cannot force them to believe in any way. All I can do is in my imperfect ways using my imperfect mind in my imperfect flesh try to please God. But, I still get aggravated when I read something that I feel goes against the God that I believe in and His word. Sometimes things make me so upset that I want to respond or debate in ways that would do no good. My wife Sarah often says "You can't argue with Pharisees". Often, though, the flesh in me wants to argue. When I do, however, it usually ends with me becoming even more aggravated.

Earlier this evening, I was about to start one of those no-win debates with someone on Facebook until something else caught my eye. It was a short video clip that refocused my attention. It made me realize once again how I need to devote my energy. It made me realize that all I need to do is continue to follow my Lord and my Savior Jesus Christ. I need to keep on loving, teaching, following His word, and listening to His still small voice. I just need to continue living for Him.

Here's the video that I'm talking about. It's nothing big. It's not very long. It probably won't affect you the way that it effected me but I pray that it makes you stop and think what life is really all about. The video is about Helen Keller, a powerful lady. I am well aware of Helen Kellers political stance and religious beliefs. This post is by no means meant as an agreement with those things. I think I've stated in this post and in previous posts what my religious beliefs are and my political leanings. This video does not bring to attention her political or religious views, but it does point out the tremendous physical obsticals she overcame and the joy in which it seems she tried to find in life. I want to have the joy of the Lord in my life no matter what circumstances I am presently in.







Powered by Qumana

No comments:

Post a Comment