Yep, it's Goal Setting Monday again. So, how did you do with your goals last week? Well, if you're like me, some goals went well and some goals didn't go well. Before I go on to setting some new goals, let's review how I did this past week.
- Drink at least one healthy real juice or smoothie a day -Yes! At the beginning of the week, I took $10 and went out searching for good vegetable and fruit bargains. Surprisingly, I was able to buy more than what I thought I would. In fact, after a whole week of juicing, I still have more vegetables left over. Trying new vegetable juices has been an interesting experience. Some I have liked and some I haven't, but it is been fun learning. Today, I took some frozen fruits that had been given to us and decided to try to make a smoothie. It was better than I thought it would be and, the recipe made a double batch. So, I made enough for the whole family. They all thought it was delicious for the first try. This week I'm looking forward to shopping for some new vegetables and fruits and try some new juices and smoothies.
- Limit my sodas to one or less a day – Yes! In fact, after the first day, I haven't drunk a soda since!
- Limit my coffee to one cup a day – Yes!
- Drink lots of water – Half and half. I have drunk a lot more water than usual, but I haven't drunk the recommended amount that I should be drinking per day. 100 ounces of water is a lot!
- Introduce my family to drinking healthy juices and smoothies – Yes! I've already told you about the smoothie that I made this evening for the whole family. Throughout the week, I also let them taste some of the juices that I made. The boys think it's interesting, but I'm not sure that I've won over Sarah yet.
- Bake at least one loaf of healthy bread in the breadmaker every week – Yes! The breadmaker hasn't worked quite as well as I wanted it to. It's a little different than the last breadmaker we had and I'm having to get use to the right amount of ingredients to use.. It's been a little finicky. If I use just a little too much flour it gets clumpy and doesn't come out right. But I have managed to bake one good loaf of bread and make some homemade pizza dough.
- Walk or do some sort of exercises for at least 15 min. every day – A big fat no! I'm embarrassed to say that I have failed so far in exercising. But, tomorrow is another day.
Well, 5 1/2 out of seven isn't bad. But I still have some work to do. I'm going to keep the same goals for this week and I'll update you again next Monday. Maybe not in as much detail, or these posts will go long!
Now for my Christian life and ministry goals. Last week I told you that on the second Monday of the month, I was going to talk about my Christian life goals. One of my missionary friends said that I should include my ministry goals as well. So that's what I'm doing. Really, I feel bad, because I should make my Christian life and ministry my first priority and I should have listed them in the first week. It's too late for that now, but whether or not they're listed the first week of the month I'm going to make them my first priority. Here are my Christian life and ministry goals:
- Read the New Testament in 30 days. I've talked about doing this a little bit on my blog but now I am stating that that is going to be my goal for this month. I've already started, but, alas, I'm already a little behind. Pray for me as I try to catch up.
- Have a devoted time of prayer every day. I do pray every day, but I am remiss in having a devoted time per day that I talk to the Lord and listen to the Lord. I need to make that a priority in my life.
- Continue reading through "The Love Dare". Shhhh! Don't tell Sarah, that I've been reading through "The Love Dare" from the movie Fireproof. There are 40 days in this devotional and I'm on day eight. So, it would take me about another month to complete.
- Make daily contact with someone that comes to Good News Mission. I really do that already, because the boy next door comes the mission and is always over here to play with my boys. There is also boy down the street that comes up to play nearly every day. But, I need to be encouraging other folks that come up to the mission. I need to somehow be ministering to them, not just on Sundays and Tuesdays, but throughout the week.
- Begin praying and planning for our summer ministries. This summer is one of our busiest times here at Good News Mission. We have a breakfast program for the local children and we have day camps every other week. It's never too early to start planning.
Well, those are the goals that God has given me so far for my Christian life and my ministry. I'm sure as time goes by, God will reveal more goals that I should be setting for myself. But, for now, these are the ones that he is impressed upon my heart, so, these are going to be the ones that I concentrate on.
What about you? How have you been doing with your goals for the month? Leave a comment if you'd like and don't forget to pray for me as I continue to endeavor to do better in all aspects of my life.
Also, don't forget to participate in." Goal Planning Monday." It's on the blog." Mama Manuscripts." Just click here to get to it.
Happy Goal Setting!
Powered by Qumana