Friday, January 20, 2017

What Is Your Purpose?

 

Thai Commercial 2

I led a teen boy’s Bible study tonight. I have been talking about Jonah the past couple of weeks. Our pastor preached a fantastic sermon on Jonah and compared him to us. Tonight I talked about why God does things and how God wants to use us. I remembered the following video, looked it up, and played if for them.

I thought I would post it for you all to see as well. What is your purpose in life? Why has God created you? What goals has God given you? As you watch this, think about those things. Think about how you are conducting yourself everyday. If you are like me you often think only of yourself and not of others. I desire to show Christ in everything I do.


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. I Corinthians 13:4-8


I don’t know if the man in the commercial is a Christian. It is a Thai commercial so chances are he may not be. However, he is demonstrating the actions and love of Christ more than many people that call themselves followers of Christ demonstrate.

My goal is to be more Christ like. to demonstrate God’s love like this man is doing. I want to bring God’s joy, happiness, love to people.

What about you? What is your goal in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment