Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sometimes I Wonder . . .

 

House

Sometimes I wonder why I made such a foolish goal to myself that I would post something on my blog every day for a year. I really wanted to post something worthwhile every day and not something trivial such as the stuff that I have been posting the past few days. However, what are blogs for? They were originally started as kind of online diaries about life. In my case, life has been kind of hard lately. Not hard as in the “hard luck” sense, but hard as in just busy and a lot of things going on.

I’m telling you, buying a house is not for the weak of heart! There is a lot of stuff that goes into it these days. I feel like it is a never ending stream of getting together documents that the lender needs, filling out and/or signing paperwork and waiting. We have been approved but we are needing to fax stuff in. I told the lady today at the print place where I fax that I had spent so much money on faxing that I think I could have bought my own fax by now!

Anyway, as I mentioned, we have been approved and prayerfully will be closing on the house in the next couple of weeks. Then comes the moving. Ahhhh! I have moved way too much in the last couple of years and don’t relish the thought of doing it again. However, this time it will really be worth it! We will be homeowners and getting ready to take on three fantastic boys as foster parents.

And speaking of which . . . the foster parenting prep! It’s certainly not for the faint of heart either. The fact that I am an advocate for the boys and a support person for the family makes it even more interesting. Today I had to attend another meeting on the boys. The oldest, David, is ready to be dismissed and live with us whenever we get the house and have our home inspection.

Ugh! Too much going on! And that’s just the home buying and foster parenting! That’s not even just plain old life!

So, keep praying for us as we continue on this adventure that God has put us on. We value your prayers. A lot to do in the next few weeks.

I am working on a couple of good informational blog posts in the next couple of days so be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment