Saturday, April 11, 2015

Get Ready for a Fun Ride - Photo Saturday!

Review Crew


Okay, so your saying to yourself that this really isn't a picture and you are asking yourself what it all means. Well, one thing that it does mean is that I am super excited!

Once upon a time, many moons ago, I was part of this great team called the Schoolhouse Review Crew. The "Crew" is a group of homeschool bloggers who review homeschool curriculum and products. A product or curriculum would be presented to us, we would fill out an interest form, then, certain crew members would be chosen to receive that product to use and review.

The boys and I loved it. We never knew what we would get in the mail (or via Fedex or UPS or computer download). We reviewed toys, games, books, and curriculum some of which changed our lives. I am serious! Being on the Schoolhouse Review Crew literally changed our lives! Joshua's reading took off because of one of the things that we reviewed. John Allen recently read completely through the Bible in two months indirectly because of an old review item from the crew. We still use things that we reviewed years ago. Jacob's math skills are taking off because of an old review item that we are presently using with him.

Well, alas, life happened and we had to quit the crew for a variety of reasons. For the past couple of years we have trudged along in our homeschooling. A few months ago I was evaluating and praying about things and I asked myself what, in the past, I enjoyed doing that truly made me and my family happy. Ruling out, of course, God, each other, and being missionaries. After thinking and praying about it for a time, two things kept coming back to me - Blogging and being on the Schoolhouse Review Crew. Finally, I began blogging again and contacted Kate, the head of the crew, to ask what I would need to do to possibly rejoin. I am excited to say that after two months of fulfilling everything that she suggested we have been reinstated!

What does that mean to all of you? Well, it means that every so often you are going to be reading reviews of exciting products here on my blog. When you see a review post in your inbox, or in whatever social media that you follow me on, don't just skip over it thinking that it won't apply to you if you aren't a homeschooler. Many of these items aren't curriculum items but fun games, books or other products that anyone can use. Even some of the "homeschool" curriculum items aren't just for homeschool. And, don't think that if you are one of my blog readers with no kids that you are exempt! Do you have grandchildren or nieces and nephews? Are you good friends with a family who does have kids? Do you teach Sunday School or children's church? Do you have any contact with kids at all? If you can answer "yes" to any of those questions then a product that we review and blog about might just be for you as well.

Don't worry. My blog isn't turning into a complete review blog. The reviews will only be a few times a month. All of the other features about my blog that you have come to love (at least I hope) will still be here. My reviews will just be one more thing to love! I am excited to be part of the crew again and I think you will be too So, buckle up! It's going to be a fun ride!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are back in action - looking forward to reading your updates and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Merit. Wish you were still with us on the crew! Great memories of college and being on the crew together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I'm so glad to hear you'll be part of the Crew again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to have you back. And it sounds like it is great for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete