Monday, May 11, 2015

The Mothers Of My Life - Scripture Sunday

 
 
Proverbs 31:25-31
 
 25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
 
There have been many women in my life that I would consider mothers. So many that I couldn't include them all in this post if I tried. There are some that are mothers to me even now that there is just not room to include. However, the five women in my collage above are probably the most influential and possessed the qualities listed in the above verses from Proverbs 31. They are strong, dignified, and wise mothers. They are good keepers of the household affairs and are not lazy. They are kind and loving to their spouses and children. They fear the Lord and honor Him above all else.
 
Let me tell you why each of them are so influential in my life.
 
The one pictured most prominently is my wife Sarah. She is the love of my life and of my children. We have been married for nearly 22 years and have been through so much together. She has stuck by me through thick and thin. I love her with all of my heart and am looking forward to the next 22 years and beyond.
 
The one in the upper right is my mother Dorothy Rose Tinkel. She was truly the matriarch of our family. Strong and hard working. Very loving and devoted to her husband and children. I love her dearly and miss her dearly.
 
The second one down is my dear mother-in-law Carolyn Adcox. I love her just because she has put up with me for the past 26 years through the tumultuous dating years of me and Sarah and through our crazy marriage. I also love her because she was and is a fantastic mother to my wife. She is a wonderful lady who raised a wonderful daughter.
 
The next one down is my sister, Carol Cover. I can't believe that I have no picture of her on my computer. I will definitely have to remedy that and will update this post soon. Carol is 15 years older than I am and has always been like a second mother to me. I value her opinion and her counsel and love her very, very, much.
 
Finally, there is a lady who is related to me in no way but is just as much a part of the fabric of my life as any lady that is a relation. It is my dear God mother Waneta Finster. Waneta was my babysitter when we lived in Indiana during my preschool and early elementary school days but remained extremely close even after we moved away. She and her husband were probably the best friends that my parents ever had and was a tremendously influential and special lady in my life. I love her and miss her terribly.
 
So, those are the five ladies that have influenced me the most. There are more special ladies the had and still have a great impact on my today. Some that I almost included and, although I may write a part two post, they are definitely not second tier but rank at the top with the ladies listed above. Frankly, the reason they weren't included is because there just wasn't enough room in the collage above.
 
Happy Mother's Day to all of my special mothers.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment