Saturday, May 2, 2015

Do All for the Glory of God! - Scripture Sunday

 
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31

Life can be hard sometimes. Recently, because the owner of our ministry building and home decided to sell the property, we had to move into a rental apartment. The added expense of rent and some loss of support due to death of supporters and other things, put us in a real financial bind. We just weren't able to make ends meet so both Sarah and I have taken on part time jobs in addition to our missionary duties. We are praying that we can raise more missionary support so that we don't have to keep these jobs forever, but we are open to having to keep them for as long as God wants.

My new job has forced me to really rethink some things. Although I like the people that I work with, and the job itself isn't terrible, it has really put us in a time crunch. It just doesn't seem that there are enough hours in the day. There have been days where I have gotten so frustrated that I have taken it out on God and become very upset. I have had to really think about the above verse. I need to remember that whether I am teaching Bible in a Bible club or camp, visiting and praying with people, conducting Bible studies, or whatever, I need to do it all to the glory of God. I need to work like I am working for God, and do everything to His glory. After all, we can do nothing without Him.

Thank you Dear Lord for providing for all of our needs. Thank you for providing jobs for us until some of our bills are paid off or we raise some support. Thank you for caring for us and loving us. You have done so much for us God. Without you we are nothing. You deserve all of the glory and praise for all the good that happens to us. Thank you for being a loving God. - Amen

Have any of you been placed in a situation in life that you really didn't want to be in? How did you praise God through the storm? Please leave a comment and share. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment