Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I Will Give You Rest - Scripture Sunday

 
 
28“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30 (NASB)
 
I was looking at my blog this evening and I couldn't believe it. I missed my Scripture Sunday post. Since I began blogging again I have never forgotten to write one. The reason why, however, was not hard to figure out. I am tired.
 
I have been tired for a few weeks now since I started my part time job. Most of you know that we are full time missionaries but the ministry building and house that we were blessed to use for free was recently sold. The owner is getting older and he didn't want his wife and children to have to worry about his rental properties so he is liquidating many of them. So, we had to find a place to live and a place to store all of our ministry things. Then, one of our major financial supporters, Sarah's grandmother, passed away. So we not only had to deal with the loss of a loved one, but also the loss of some financial support. That and the added expense of rent has forced Sarah and I to both find part time jobs until either some bills are paid off, or we raise some more missionary support.
 
So, for the past six months we have been moving almost non-stop. We have moved ourselves and our ministry, dealt with two deaths in the family (Sarah's mom's boyfriend who was like a grandfather to our children also passed away), had to reorganize our ministry and are now running it our of our small apartment, and have taken on part time jobs.
 
I'm tired. It seems like I can't get ahead and can't get enough done. My ministry is lacking because I just don't have the time I had before. I am asking all of my readers to please pray.
 
As I was thinking about this post, the above verses came to mind. Right now the only thing that I can do is trust God, take on His yolk and give my burdens to Him. I need to trust that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Really, that is all I can do right now. I need to trust that it is going to get better. That is the only thing that is holding me together right now is that faith.
 
Lord,
 
I am asking you right now to please strengthen me. Not only me but my whole family. We are tired. We know and really feel that our ministry needs to continue. Please forgive us for making unwise decisions financially and help us to be able to pay off some bills. Please send some faithful financial supporters to us - sooner rather than later. Thank you that for all of these years you have loved us and supplied for all of our needs. We love you Lord.
 
Amen
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment