Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year's Resolutions or New Year's Goals?

Photobucket


A couple of days ago I wrote a post on my New Year's resolutions. One of my readers commented that she doesn't  make new years resolutions she makes New Year's goals. What she does is make monthly goals and then blog about them.. Her readers are her accountability partners.  I kind of like that idea. Since my blog is switching to a new blog platform I've been thinking about making some changes to it anyway.. I'm thinking about setting goals at the beginning of the month and then commenting on my progress on a certain day every week. Maybe on the first Monday of the month I'll set my goals and then on each Monday after that I'll give an update as to how I'm doing.


One of my main goals this year is going to be eating right, exercising, and reducing stress. I hate stress. Unfortunately though,  it's all around us. There's stress and our families. There is stress on our jobs. There is even stress and things of theirs not supposed to be stress in..  Just today I went through a stressful situation that had to do with one of my stress outlets. Last week the stressful situation had to do with ministry.


I think that a healthier lifestyle, along with one of my other New Year's goals, reading the Bible,  will really help me reduce my stress.. I'm looking forward to setting goals,  blogging about, and conversing with you all about ways to eat healthier and lead a healthier lifestyle. Hey,  maybe I'll even start a meme  – I think I fill my creative juices flowing. Who knows what will come of this?  So, what do you think? Should I start a goal setting meme? Or,  does anyone know of  a goal setting meme me that's already in existence?  Let me know which you think. We could be each other's accountability partners!


Powered by Qumana


4 comments:

  1. Tim, I love this idea!!! I am going to join you in a GOAL journey this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! We can encourage each other. I hope others join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like some great goals. A friend and I are planning to be each others accountability partners. It is easier to stick with goals when you have support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea. At the moment I have a 9 month goal but I bet I could break that down into manageable monthly chunks.

    ReplyDelete