Friday, January 15, 2010

New Thru 30 - Day 3 - Matthew 24:1 - 28:10 & Acts 1:1 - 4:37



I know, I know! I'm a day late and a dollar short as the old saying goes. Actually I'm two days late, because this reading was Wednesday's reading. And I was doing so well. What you all don't know is that I really started on Sunday, and was blogging on what I read the night before. Until my computer problems - then, everything got behind. I will catch up this weekend during the catch up days though.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on Day 3:

Matthew 24:7,8 - My first thoughts were...you guessed it...Haiti. Lord, please be with the people of Haiti right now. Heal their hurts, their sorrow, their pain. Please make us aware of how we can help them.

Matthew 24:28 - For some reason, this verse really struck me. Lord, help me not to be deceived. Help me not to be a vulture.

Matthew 24:42 & 25:13 - We need to always be vigilant. Lord, help me not to fall asleep. Help me to always be at work for you and looking for your coming.

Matthew 25:34-40 - I have seen so many churches who only cater to the wealthy, or those that can do something for the church. The scriptures give a far different command. Lord help the less fortunate of the world. Please bless them, help them, help me never to neglect them.

Matthew 27:9 - I am constantly amazed at how people still refuse to believe that the Bible is true, even after Old Testament prophesies are time and time again fulfilled. Lord, help the unbelief of others, and help my unbelief.

Matthew 26,27 - If I were the only one alive, He still would have done it for me. Thank you, Lord, for what you did for me by dying on the cross. Help me never to trivialize that.

Matthew 27:51 - I don't remember ever reading that before. I'm sure I learned about it and have read it (I've read through the Bible), but for some reason it has never "stuck". How interesting and how odd that must have been. How could people still not believe! How magnificent are your ways, Lord, and how unusual.

Matthew 28:11-15 - I remember taking a college class called "Christian Evidences" that talked about how so many people still believe things like what is stated in this passage. I wonder why God allowed "loop-holes" where folks could still find an excuse for not believing. Lord, some things I will never understand. Help me to just accept that fact.

Matthew 28:19, 20 - The great commission. Help me, Lord, to never forget your great command to us.

Acts 1:8 & 1:14 - This is what made the difference with the disciples and can make the difference in Christians today. Help us never to forget, Lord, your Spirit, and communication with you.

Acts 1:26 - I put a note to myself to watch and see if Matthias was ever mentioned again in the New Testament. Thank you, Lord, for spurring me on to more Bible study.

Acts 2 - What an amazing thing that must have been to witness! Can you imagine - all of these people from countries around the world hearing the disciples in their own language. How can anyone not believe. Thank you Lord, for your greatness.

Acts 2:42-47 - The model of perfect fellowship of believers. Lord, help us never to be selfish with one another.

Acts 4:12 - Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Book of Acts because it is still going on today and into the future. I love that fact that there is no "closure to that book, no AMEN. What was written for them back then is good for us today if we will just accept it. Speaking in tongues, healings, everything that happened back then is going on today for those who believe and have faith. God is so great! He is the same yesterday, today and forever. If people would just allow the Holy Ghost to guide them their lives would be so much more fulfilled! Also, I understand what you talked about when you spoke of learning more even after your college days. I pray every time BEFORE I read and ask the Holy Ghost to guide me into all truths, and He does. It seems it can read the same scripture over and over and I get a deeper meaning every time. I get so aggravated when I hear people say the Bible contradicts itself and so on. It does not do this. It's just that the more you read it and pray, the deeper your relationship with God gets and He reveals more of His wisdom to you (a person). I'm not sure because I don't remember everything I read, but it seems to me that somewhere He talks about "He cannot reveal everything to us at once because we couldn't handle it. (paraphrased) I know that He told Moses He could not let Him SEE all of Him. Of Course, I know that you know this already, I just get excited when I get to talk about the Lord. Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book. I guess I should have been a preacher, huh? Hahaha! I am really enjoying your posts. Also, I'm not very good at taking notes about my readings, ( I wasn't very good in school either, though I really tried). Do you have any suggestions? If you don't want to use my comment section, my e-mail is p.creek54@gmail.com. Please respond because I could use the advice. I tend to try and take too many notes and then I can't remember. My retention leaves A LOT to be desired. Thank you for your advice.

    Love & Prayers,

    PJ

    ReplyDelete