Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Forbrain - A Super Unique but Useful Product - A Schoolhouse Review Crew Review

Forbrain – Sound For Life Ltd Review

Except for a  year and a half break, I have reviewed great homeschool items with the Schoolhouse Review Crew for almost eight years. We have been blessed with many, many, fantastic items and some items that worked for us and some items that weren't that helpful. Some items have been regular homeschool items and some items have been very unusual. Forbrain from Forbrain - Sound for Life Ltd is probably the most unusual but, at the same time, useful items that I have ever reviewed. To help you understand what Forbrain is all about, I'm going to give you some personal examples that I think you might relate to, then I am going to tell you about Forbrain, then, I am going to interview my son, Joshua, to find out what he thought of Forbrain since he was the main person using it.

I remember when I was in elementary school how we used to have these large wooden desks with a shelf in it store all of your books and supplies. I remember laying my head down on the desk and tapping on the desk to hear the sounds. It was fun. I was almost in another world. It was a different, unusual sound than the sound that you hear every day. I didn't know it then, but it was because when my head was down on the desk my ear canal was blocked. What was actually happening was that the sound was being conducted through the bones in my head to my inner ear canal. I found out through Forbrain that this is called "Bone Conduction". The sound vibrations through bones is what is actually making the sound!

Another similar thing, but not quite the same, is when a singer will plug up one of his ears when singing. It helps them to hear their voice better so that they know if they are on key or on pitch.

Forbrain – Sound For Life Ltd Review

That is what Forbrain is all about. It's a very unique hearing device that looks a lot like earphones. However, instead of hearing your voice through your ear canal, you hear your voice through Bone Conduction. What a neat thing! Imagine if someone has hearing problems because of an ear problem. That could cause a lot of problems with their speech and listening comprehension. Imagine if they could "hear" their voice in another way. It could improve their speech. They could hear the way they are saying the words and with the proper help they could learn to speak better.

Hearing your voice in this manner also helps with your listening comprehension, reading comprehension when you read aloud, short and long term memory, and much, much, more! I have never seen anything like this! Forbrain is so simple but such a novel idea! Forbrain suggests that you wear the special headphones for 20 minutes a day to improve speech, focus, memory and coordination.

Forbrain – Sound For Life Ltd Review

And it really works! Let me fill you in on what Joshua thinks about it. Joshua thought it was very neat how he was able to hear his voice better with the special earphones on. He wore the earphones for a lot more than he needed to because he loved wearing them and hearing his voice. I feel that with time it will really help him with his reading comprehension, focus and more, just as the program says.

As you can see, we are a big fan of Forbrain from Forbrain - Sound for Life Ltd and we would recommend it to everyone. To find out more about this very unique product just click on any one of the highlighted links above. To find what other members of the Schoolhouse Review Crew thought just click on the link below. Happy Homeschooling!

Forbrain – Sound For Life Ltd Review
 
 
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment