Thursday, June 30, 2016

For Such A Time As This

 
And who knows
but that you have come to your royal position
for such a time as this?
Esther 4:14
 
I've been thinking about the above verse for a few days now. It began when I was doing my daily Bible reading and praying. I was reading the first chapter of Daniel and God gave me a thought that compared Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to the teen boys that God is using me to work with.
 
So many of the boys have so many things that have happened in their past. Some of them are going through things now that are unimaginable to me. God revealed to me that, yes, many of them are going through things in order for Him to teach them things and for them to get their lives in order. At the same time, however, God may have put them in certain situations for others to see Him through their lives. Just as Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego glorified God even in the terrible situation that they were in, so we need to glorify God in the bad situations that we are in.
 
The three boys that are in foster care are a good example. God gave me a great devotional to use with two of the brothers last weekend when I was able to visit them. He wanted me to tell them that yes, they were to learn something themselves while they were in the group home, but that He also wanted them to be a light for Him while they were there. Those two boys may be the only light of Jesus that some of the other boys ever see. I challenged the two brothers to pray for the other boys there and I also promised to pray for all of the boys in the home.
 
How about you? Are you going through tough situations right now. Have you ever thought that perhaps God has put you in that situation maybe not just for you to learn something and grow but so that His glory could be shown to others through the situation. Perhaps you are there For Such A Time As This!


No comments:

Post a Comment