Thursday, June 4, 2015

Always Remain Faithful



Let us not become weary in doing good,
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9 (NIV)

Most of you know that Sarah Trull Tinkel and I both have taken on part time jobs in order to pay off a couple of bills. Tonight a young man came in to the store where I work and said "You don't remember me do you?". When I admitted that I didn't, he told me who he was. It was a boy who attended Bible Club at Good News Mission years ago. His older brother would push him and another brother up to the mission in a stroller each week. After a couple of years they moved away (evic...ted) from the projects and I would here bits and pieces about them. The mother has been in and out of trouble. He explained that at the age of 12 his older brother, then 18, got custody of both younger brothers and raised them. The mother won't talk to them and they haven't spoken to her in years.

All three boys are doing well. The older brother is married and has four children of his own now. The two younger brothers are both working and one is going to college as well. As we talked he seemed genuinely concerned about what was going on with Good News Ministries.

This proved to me once again that, working with children, you never know what an impact you may have on a child. This is a perfect example of the verse found in Galatians 6:9 - Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

I'm not saying this to heap accolades on myself, but to encourage all of you who minister to children. You never know what the teachings, encouragement and love might mean to a child. Keep on keeping on. Don't give up. It may mean the world to one of the kids you are working with.

This originally was written as a Facebook post, so if it looks familiar you know why. I wanted to share it with all of my readers to encourage them.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment