Friday, September 30, 2016

What Do You Do When You are Drowning in Science!

Help! I'm surrounded in Science!

Most of you know that I am a member of the Homeschool Review Crew and I review great schoolhouse curriculum on this blog. Well, this past year I learned once again that God has a sense of humor. I had been lamenting on how I didn't have a really good science curriculum to use with my two youngest. I really didn't think that they were ready for the curriculum that I used with John Allen, my oldest. I always tried to find literature rich curriculum for him because he loved to read. However, my two youngest each have their own reading difficulties so I didn't think that they were ready for the same books I used with him. I prayed for a good science curriculum. 

Wouldn't you know it, God sent five of them to me this past year. Each time I thought "This is the one!" I was determined that was what God wanted me to use. Then the next one would come along and I would think the same thing. This past year alone I have reviewed three great physical science books and two online programs and thought they were all fantastic. Just the other day another great curriculum was offered for us to review and I am chomping at the bit to review that one as well. Of course I think it would be the greatest thing for my boys.

Please make the choice for me. Oh, I know that you can't really make the choice without seeing them, but I'm going to show you each one anyone. It would be selfish to keep all of these great programs a secret. So here they are complete with links to my reviews. 



EdTechLens Rainforest Journey is a great online program that teaches you about the rainforest. My two boys loved it and still ask about going back and working with it. They learned so much just during our review time. Here is my complete review.


Science Shepherd was another great online program. This is a Christian based program that my kids loved as well. The lessons are short but fascinating which is just what my kids need. Click here to read my full review. 


If you are a unit study person then you would love Science Unit Studies for Homeschoolers and Teachers. It uses stuff from around the home or that is easily obtainable to do some great experiments. I loved using it and so did the kids. Here is my full review. 


People say that the internet can be an invaluable learning tool. However, if you don't know where to look on the internet it can be a real pain. Surfing the Net Science teaches you how to use the internet to learn in a safe way. We had a lot of fun with this. Click here for my review.


Do you remember me saying that I didn't think that Joshua and Jacob were ready for the curriculum that John Allen used when he was their age? Well, how wrong I was. The very first book we used with John Allen was Exploring Creation through Astronomy by Apologia. Well, when I had the chance to review the second edition of this great book I jumped at the chance but wondered how my two youngest would do. They loved it! Here is the link to my review of this great new edition.

So, there you have it. What is a homeschooler to do when there is so much great stuff out there for your kids to use? I can't make up my mind! Oh, and that new science review that I may be doing? Well, since I haven't even been chosen yet for it then I can't tell you a lot about it yet. But when I do, I will let you know. I'm sure I will have my hair pulled out by then trying to decide between all of these outstanding choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment