Thursday, September 1, 2016

What if I Stumble? Will You Still Love Me? - Scripture Sunday



because God has said,

"Never will I leave you;
Never will I forsake you."

Hebrews 13:5b (NIV)

I have been reading through the book of Judges in the Bible lately. When God led His people, the Israelites, into the promised land He told them to not associate with the nations around them. He warned them that if they did, they would begin to worship the gods that their neighbors served. 

Time and time again, though, the Israelites would wander away from God and begin to worship those other gods. And, time and time again, God would have to show them the error of their ways and, like any good father, sometimes punish them. Then, after the Israelites begged God to forgive them He would break the bondage that the other nations had on the Isrealites and He would allow them to live in peace for a number of years. Then, undoubtedly, the cycle would repeat itself.

As I would read all of this, I would almost face palm myself and wonder why the Isrealites just didn't get it. Then, God would gently remind me that I am the same way. I mess up time and time again. God helps me out of the situation and tells me what to do but then, after a while, I mess up again.

Sometimes I wonder if God will ever decide that He had had enough and just leave me. I am so thankful for the verse above. I know that my God is a Perfect Father and will never leave me! It reminds me of an old DC Talk song from years ago. I looked it up recently and want to share it with you all. Listen carefully to the words. We all are going to stumble and fall periodically, but if we have trusted the Lord as our Savior, He will never leave us.








No comments:

Post a Comment