Monday, January 7, 2013

Positive Thinking!

Photobucket

 
 
The thought occurred to me that some of you might be wondering what all of these positive posts that I've been posting are all about and what Sarah and I are doing. Let me reassure any of you who may have any questions that we are still, without a doubt, full time BCM International missionaries and we still are the directors of our ministry here in Livingston to the low income folks. We love our ministry and the people we minister to and have no plans of doing anything different.

A few months ago, however, a very part-time opportunity basically fell into our laps for us to save money and earn money. Like most missionaries, we are very under supported so saving money and earning some extra money on a part time basis sounded like it was a God send (and it really was!).

Through learning about this great company and how it works, I realized how many negative thoughts and ideas that Satan (and myself) had poured into my mind over the past years (decades). I realized what a negative person I had become. God has no use for negativity. He has such great plans for us. Remember what Jeremiah 29:11 says:

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God has great plans for us. He has great plans for Sarah and I and our family. He has great plans for you. He has wondrous plans for us. I think that part of the reason that we never see all of the fantastic things that He has for us is because of belief. We don’t believe that God could ever do great things with us and we don’t believe in ourselves.

I am through with being negative. I have had enough of negative thoughts. That’s why you are seeing a lot of positive posts on my timeline lately. I am allowing God to change those negative thoughts and allowing Him to work in my life. He is bringing some of the “dead” areas back to life again. This year is going to be a positive year.

Many folks are asking God to give them a word for the year that He wants them to live out. I asked God to give me a word and He actually gave me two words – expanse and immense. I don’t know what that totally means, but I think God is getting ready to immensely expand my territory. It is going to be a great 2013!

 

1 comment:

  1. Expanse and immense makes me think of "immeasurably more than I could ask or even imagine." I pray that it'll be a blessed year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete