Sunday, September 27, 2015

Scripture Sunday - Is Anyone Listening? Does Anyone Care?

Scripture Sunday

 

Psalm 121:2-4King James Version (KJV)

2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. Sometimes I wonder. Is anyone listening? Does anyone care?
  • My wife’s mother is sick and my wife has to spend long periods of time away from me and the kids. Is anyone listening? Does anyone care?
  • People don’t understand our ministry, some just plain don’t want to understand, and some are bent on destroying it. Is anyone listening? Does anyone care?
  • We have two special needs kids that can be difficult sometimes. Is anyone listening? Does anyone care?
  • As missionaries we are terribly under supported and are struggling financially. Is anyone listening? Does anyone care?
  • I could go on and on but… Is anyone listening? Does anyone care?
It is easy to get discouraged in ministry. Hey, it’s easy to discouraged with just plain life!
Recently I was searching for another verse when the above verse popped up in my search results. It has been very encouraging to me during my present difficult time. God is always in control. He made Heaven and Earth. We have no need to fear (although I find myself fearing all of the time). When I feel myself falling into those old habits of fear I just need to remember where my help comes. My help comes from the Lord. He will not slumber! He loves me and wants to help me. All I need to do is go to the Father!
My Father is listening! My Father cares!




No comments:

Post a Comment