Thursday, July 16, 2015

Homeschool Planet is Out of This World!–A Schoolhouse Review Crew Review

 
Homeschool Planet Review

Okay! It’s time for me to come clean and admit a few things. So, here goes:
  • I can be one of the most disorganized people around.
  • I really need a scheduler or some type of planner but I rarely use one.
  • I have used online and downloadable homeschool planners and really like them.
  • When I use lists I can be very productive but unfortunately I don’t use lists as often as I should.
  • I forget things easily.
  • When all information is in one place it really helps.
So, why am I mentioning some things that seem totally unrelated? Because I am super excited to be able to review Homeschool Planet from Homeschool Buyers Co-op! Homeschool Planet provides the solution to all of the things I mentioned above all in one place. However, I’m going to mention one other “come clean” admission – I have by no means whatsoever spent enough time Homeschool Planet to even be able to use all of the wonderful features that this amazing on-line planner has so I am going to say from the start that AFTER YOU READ MY REVIEW, you need to head on over to read what the other Schoolhouse Review Crew members have to say about this product. I can almost say with certainty that there is no way that any of the other members have used all of the features that Homeschool Planet provides either, but I’m sure that each reviewer has used different features and, if you read the other reviews you will begin to see all that this planner does and realize how immense it is.
What did I find amazing about it? Well, aside from it’s endless features I really like that it isn’t just a business planner, nor a home scheduler, nor a homeschool planner, but it is all of those things plus more wrapped into one. Let me tell you how I have used it so far.
Homeschool Planet 1
First let me list some of the features of the personal scheduler that I have used and really love then I’ll get into the homework part of it.
  • I love the fact that I can make a profile for each person in my family and then tag different people when I am adding something to the calendar. That way I can look at the whole calendar that lists what everyone is doing, or I can click on one person and just check to see what they have scheduled on an hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis.
  • I also love the fact that I can color code events on my schedule. For example, light pink might stand for just a regular appointment; light blue is for my part time job; yellow is for our ministry; etc.
  • I love that this is a planner that I can program to send me, or any other member of our family, reminder emails every day about what is going on each day. All I have to do is check my email on my computer or smart phone and there it is!
  • I love that this is not just a personal planner but is a homeschool planner as well. No more flipping between planners and checking multiple date books to see what is going on each day. It is all in one place.
  • I love that this is not just a personal planner/scheduler, but is so much more! It even has the capability of sending me a text with a list of things to buy at the store. If I am out shopping and Sarah wants me to stop by the grocery store she can go on the planner, make a list, and send it to my phone.
  • Ugh! There is so much to the personal planner that I have only just touched the surface of everything that can be done with it. There is much more that I haven’t been able to use yet let alone describe.
Now, let me talk about the homeschool features of Homeschool Planet that I have used some, but not a lot, and that I am looking forward to using more in the future.
  • We homeschool year round but are more delight driven homeschoolers in the summer. Some things are assigned, but not as heavily as during the actual school year. The homeschool part of this planner is amazing! I am looking forward to really delving in to this feature more when we really get into the year. The next few bullet points are going to talk about what the Homeschool Planner has to offer to keep track of your homeschool. Let me warn you, there are so many things that  can be done that I am not going to take the time to explain everything in detail or this review would be way too long. I’m just going to mention some things briefly.
  • I  can make a calendar for the whole year and assign days that are homeschool days and days that are non-homeschool days. The planner keeps track of how many days of “school” we have had.
  • When I assign work to be done for each child I can list what books are to be used, what pages I want them to read or, if it’s a workbook, what pages to complete. I can even attach a website or something else from my computer that the student can just click on and it goes to that website.
  • I can program the planner to keep track of how much time is spent on each subject but can override it if need be.
  • I can have each day's assignments sent via email to a particular student, have them just log into the website, or print it out to give to them (obviously, if I print it out the clickable features won’t be available).
  • I can grade each homeschool assignment separately and keep track of the grades on the planner. I can even set up categories for each assignment and then assign a percentage of the final grade to each category. For example – tests are worth 50% of the grade, quizzes are worth 30%, and workbook pages/homework is worth 20%. And, as I enter in each grade, the planner keeps track of it all!
  • The same features from the regular scheduler that I mentioned above are available in the homeschool part. I can assign colors to each subject so, as I look at the planner, I know what subject is assigned and when it is assigned just by looking at the color! And, remember, everything is right there in front of you and in the same place. If I just want to look at the homeschool stuff, I can. If I just want to look at the personal schedule, I can. If I just want to look at my schedule I can. If I want to look at Sarah’s and my schedule together, I can. If I want to look at everyone’s schedule – homeschool, personal, work – everything, I can!
I cannot say it enough that if I tried to list everything that this online planner this review would be way to long! I love the Homeschool Planet planner from Homeschool Buyers Co-op. This is for sure a keeper. It is better than any online planner that I have ever seen or used. There are so many areas of my life that I can’t wait to get organized by implementing the great features of this product.  Why don’t you head over to the Homeschool Buyers Co-op website by clicking on any of the highlighted links above and check it out yourself? There is even an offer to try it out for a limited time for free! Also, don’t forget what I mentioned above. Many other Schoolhouse Review Crew members also reviewed Homeschool Planet and I’m sure they tried and enjoyed different features than what I did. Click on the banner below to read what they had to say. Happy Homeschooling!

Homeschool Planet Review
 
Crew Disclaimer

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim,

    Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad Homeschool Planet has been helpful. Your comments and those of the Schoolhouse review team are greatly appreciated.

    Also, I'd like to invite you to become an affiliate, if you are interested:

    http://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/affiliate-application/

    Blessings,

    Brett
    President
    Homeschool Buyers Co-op

    ReplyDelete