Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Korean Air Commercials and the Aspergers Side of Me

If you've been reading my posts for very long, you know that I have a humorous side. You also know that I have a deep faith in God. I'm a very imperfect person that is very thankful for God's grace. I am also a little adventurous. Ha! I have to be with my family. You probably know that I have three very unique boys. The oldest, John Allen, being a cancer survivor with an artificial eye and his two younger brothers, Joshua and Jacob, being on the autism spectrum. Life is never dull, and I think my posts - even my homeschool product reviews - have reflected that.

What you may not know - unless you are a faithful reader who has been reading this blog and my previous angelfire blog from the beginning - is that I also have a thoughtful, almost melancholy side. My wife says that I think too much and analyze things way too much. I think this comes from being a little on the autism spectrum myself. When I was young there wasn't such a thing as autism. At least it wasn't as prevalent and was certainly not talked about like it is today. Those who knew me when I was young would attest that I certainly was different. I see myself in all of my children, but I see my younger, different, self in my two younger boys. Maybe not as severe, but still different.

Joshua has asperger's syndrome. One of the traits of an asperger's child is that they fixate on certain things and then learn all that they can about those things. Joshua can tell you almost anything about Thomas the Train, Helicopters, Football, and...ugh...WWE Wrestling. To this day he can hear a helicopter before we can and can almost tell you what kind of helicopter it is by the way sound.

So, what does this have to do with Korean Air Commercials? For some reason, since the new (or now old) Korean Air Commercials aired with the giant people walking around a small world, I have been enamored by the mystical music. For some reason I have never been able to understand the lyrics. For the past year or so I have been trying to find out where the song came from. No, I have not been as fixated as Joshua would be, but every couple of months I'll go on another search. Finally, today, I found it. It's from a duo called "Luna Seeds" and the song is called "Compassion". I love the song and the lyrics. It fits both the adventurous and the melancholy side of me. Below is a YouTube video of the song with the lyrics below. I thought you might enjoy it.




Simple joy,
  A calling to walk this world. no more fears,
The secret of life unfurls.
Be gentle with yourself when you're falling down.
Re-set yourself and trust these feelings pass with time.
Earthly joy,
The shadow of time dissolves.
High on lows, the whisper of dreams untold.
Be gentle with yourself when you're falling down.
Re-set yourself and trust these feelings pass with time
Be gentle with yourself when you're falling down.
Re-set yourself and trust these feelings pass with time


No comments:

Post a Comment