Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm Packing My Bags for Tanzania!

Compassion Bloggers: Tanzania 2012 

Well, not personally, although I wish I was, but vicariously through eight great bloggers that are going on a great blogging trip with Compassion International. Twice each year Compassion hosts two trips where they invite seven or eight bloggers to go along and blog about their experience. The first trip rot 2012 begins on Monday and it to Tanzania!

I am really excited about this trip for two reasons. One - I found out today that I actually know one of the bloggers going on this trip! Jolanthe was a crew mate with me on the TOS Homeschool Crew a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe it when I saw her name and picture! Yay Jolanthe!

The second reason is that we actually sponsor a child from Tanzania! I'm going to following along carefully to see if they go to Emmanuel's (our Tanzanian son) Compassion project. Wouldn't it be neat if they actually got to meet him and write a blog post about it? At any rate it will be exciting to learn more about Tanzania and how Compassion International works there.

I have followed several of the Compassion Blogging trips in the past. It never fails that I am changed at the end of the trip. The blog posts are always incredible. They aren't written by some marketing department someplace, but by actual people like you and me. They see things through eyes like our eyes. When they are touched by something, I am touched by something. When they cry, I cry. When they celebrate, I celebrate! Trust me, taking the time to follow along and read their posts is worth it.

If you would like to go along on the trip with me, just click here or on the banner above. If you want to know more about Compassion International, what they do, and how you can sponsor a child, click here.

Thanks for coming along with me on this adventure. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment