Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Peru and Priorities - What do they have to do with each other?




I've been pretty quiet on my blog for the past couple of months. It's not that I don't love my blog and, as I jokingly say, both of my blog readers, it's just that I have been extremely busy. It's just that when one (especially me) is extremely busy, one needs to reevaluate priorities and usually something (re. this blog) has to take a back seat for a little while.

While rethinking my priorities in life, though, I have also been thinking about what should be my priorities on my blog when I get back to a more normal blogging schedule once again. I've come to the conclusion that my blogging should never become a chore. If it's a chore, then it defeats my purpose for having a blog. I want my blog to be fun to write, not a drag. So, I also began to think about what I was writing about. I want those things to be exciting things that are special to me.

"What would those things be?" you may ask.

Well, homeschooling and reviewing homeschool products will continue to be one of them, but I can't allow that to be the one and only thing I blog about. My family is very important to me, so I need to blog about them more often. My faith, my ministry and the mission (BCM International) that we minister with are all important to me as well.

I realized one day recently that I blog more about homeschooling than I do my family. Doesn't that seem to be switched around. I homeschool for my family. I don't have a family just to homeschool! I still want to blog about homeschooling, but, once again, I need to get my priorities straight. I also realized that I write about Compassion International more than I write about our ministry at Good News Mission and the mission that we are with BCM (Bible Centered Ministries). I love Compassion International and the children that we sponsor, but, again, I need to make sure that I put first things first.

So, today is the start of my prioritizing. I posted the below message (with a few alterations) on my facebook page recently and wanted to share it here on my blog as well.

As I mentioned above, you all have seen how Sarah and I serve as BCM missionaries in Livingston, TN, but BCM (Bible Centered Ministries) International (the mission organization that we are with) is much bigger. We are just a small piece of what BCM's 700+ missionaries are doing all over the world.

In the next few days and weeks I want to show all of my friends some of the things that BCM is doing. Today I am posting some pictures from BCM Peru. No, not Peru, Indiana where I used to live, but the country Peru. As you look at the pictures, please pray for the BCM missionaries in Peru and, while you are at it, please pray for all of the BCM missionaries around the world, including Sarah and I in Tennessee.


 






 



No comments:

Post a Comment