Sunday, April 22, 2012

Please Watch this Video!

Once again I have neglected my poor little blog. I have not done it justice this month at all. It hasn't, however, been for no reason. This month has been a month of renewing for me. It's something that I have needed for a long time and something that I know I will need again in the weeks, months and years to come. In fact, it's something that I need to do every day.

Every day I need to renew my mind and dedicate my day to God's purpose. That is so hard sometimes. Often I want to do things my own way and do my own thing. I don't want to do things God's way. When I finally succumb to God's will in my life, though, I always find that God's ways are the best. They are much better and much easier than mine.

Jesus says in Matthew 11

29“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Unfortunately, this is not easy for me. I have to continually remind myself that His yoke is easier. That's what I have been doing this month. I have been trying to renew my soul by sitting at His feet and learning from Him.

Along with my study of His Word, I have also been reading some great authors that have allowed themselves to be used by God. One of them is Francis Chan. Recently I read his book Forgotten God and presently I am reading Crazy Love, also written by him. In his book Crazy Love, Francis Chan points to a video that he made to go along with the book. That is the video that I would love for you to watch. It is a bit long - 15 min. - but is very much worth it. Please take the time to watch it and contemplate what he has to say about God's love for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment