Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And the race is on!

Photobucket


I love politics. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not about to get into politics, but I love to watch it and follow it. I write to my congressmen and senators, and I really, really, look into the policies and leanings of the different candidates. I love to read biographies of political figures and to read books about politics. I have political apps on my phone and tablet, and candidates websites saved on my computer. I am planning a primary/presidential race study for John Allen, if not Joshua as well. I pray, study, and really think through my choices. I don't just wait for the candidate of my party to be chosen and then fall in behind him. With that being said, I love following politics!


Tonight I'm watching the Iowa caucuses on, is there anything else, FOX NEWS! And, even though it is just a caucus, and not even in my state, I am on pins and needles as to who will win. There are some candidates that I like, and some candidates that I am leery about. No, I have not made up my mind, but I'm anxious to see what happens. Anxious to see if the three or four that I am liking do well, and anxious to see how the three or four that I really am not liking fair. This isn't a political blog and I don't wish to get into an argument with any of my readers so I won't enlighten you as to whom I like and don't like. About the only thing that I will admit too is something that is pretty clear to anyone who reads my blog - I am pretty conservative.


Okay, so what is the purpose of this little rant? Well, it doesn't really matter if you agree with me politically or not, but voting and praying for our leaders is important. I love the way that our country was founded. I love our constitution and the checks and balances of our government. I really believe that our country was founded on Christian principles. I really think that fervent prayer is of utmost importance and doing your political homework and political duty is also important.


Now, I don't expect you to have the zeal that I have over following politics, but I do want to ask one thing. Will you really, really try to pray first of all, then vote in the primaries and ultimately the general election next November. And, before you do, will you make an effort to do a little studying before you vote. Now, I'm not just talking about the presidential race, here, I'm talking about your senators and congressmen and even your state and local officials.


In the weeks and months to come, I'll try to pop in and give you a heads up to some websites that you can go to for your research. For right now, you can start with my favorite site - yep, Fox News. You can find it by clicking here. Happy Voting!


 Powered by Qumana


No comments:

Post a Comment